Re: Scenes from the night shift, etc.

Title: Re: Scenes from the night shift, etc.
At 10:57 AM -0400 4/17/10, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated APR 17, 2010. Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
         Yoram Gelman - Still in Context

a certain charm.  nice palette, brights kept under control except for that big yellow spot.

         Jim Snarski - Great Blue

looks desperately overcropped and oversharpened.  I think I recall you've done a lot better.

         Hans Klemmer - Elmer and his Toolbox

I'm not sure the concept is convincing - a bit too contrived for my taste, but the original image is delectable and I suspect the relatives will love the idea.  How could they let go of this beautiful box?

         John Palcewski - Chinatown, New York

The person on the left with the shot card looks inserted.  Everything else about the shot is attractive in a 40s sort of way.

         Russ Baker - Amy

She has such a nice face, but adding in all the skin completely contradicts it.  But then, Russ knows my opinions about this category of photography.

         Mark Harris - Metuchen Flowering Pear

This is so great.  I'm glad you finally got in the right place at the right time.  Such wealth, richesse, so many pears in the future!  Making visual sense of this is a continuous challenge for those who have the calling to do this.

         David Dyer-Bennet - Trees on hillside, Lilydale Regional Park

Keeping the data in the sky is a real trick.  You did great on that.  Capturing the promise of this earliest edge of spring is another.  You did great on that too.

         Guy Glorieux - Getting the show on the wall (a bit of self-promotion)

Sigh.  Hanging always takes so long, and striking always flies by.  All that work for an opening reception.  I hope the show was financially well received.

         Andrew Davidhazy - All in a day's work

I kinda wish she weren't so obviously posing, but that was long ago and there's nothing for it now.  I hope she's grown up to be happy with her locks and willing to let them dry in their own good time!

There are 0 photographs awaiting installation. Send yours sometime soon!
Instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Have you submitted your photo for the gallery yet this week?  If not, do it now!

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx