Re: Rochester Camera Club

Tim,

I am nt sure it is the same organization but there is a "Camera Rochester" photo club. One of its most active members is Dan Neuberger and his email address is dano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (I included him as CC: to this note. He may be able t shed light o the Rochester Camera Club.

As I think about it there was also the Kodak Camera club and B&L had a camera club ... unfortunately I don't have "history" as an activity.

If I find out anything I will add a note. Oh, there is also The Photographic Historical Society of Rochester - http://www.tphs.org and one of their members might be able to help. Of course there is the George Eastman house around here but I don't know who to refer you there

andy

Tim Corio wrote:

I've found a medal awarded to Eric Karley for "Award in Contact Print
Class".  The front of the medal is marked "Rochester Camera Club" and
dated 1936.

I've found a few references online for this club dating from the late
1800s.

Does anyone know if this club is still active?  If it's archives can be
found somewere?  Anything about Eric Karley?

Thanks,
Tim Corio