Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 5386

On 12 Apr 2010, at 04:01, List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students wrote:

Re: Limits:

It has become fashionable these days to breach limits, while wailing about censorship to those opposed.  But somewhere a line has to be drawn in the sand - so where ?   If the female is question was 16 ?  12 ? 10 ? - would you still show complete nudity.  A male erection ?

Ok its not that graphic compared to some which one finds on the "top shelf" - but to me it's a symptom of a society slowly abandoning all - all morality, all ethics, all decency, all good taste.  In another site I'm battling members who see nothing wrong in printing the "F" word F—K in FULL in CAPS; what I said to them sort of applies here as well, so I quote it below —

"And this may well be "OT" but some of you guys will probably not believe the moral and ethical background to us oldsters upbringing---

Mine was "never swear in front of a lady" and even more unbelievably "no sex before marriage" - now try telling that to today's teenagers, who see nothing wrong in doing both, possibly even at the same time.

Photography is a lovely hobby, this group - is enjoyed by users of all ages, so surely some "rules" have to be applied lest your 10 year old granddaughter comes up to you one day and says "what is F—K, grandpa ?"