RE: Art retreat for photographers

To answer some questions about my retreat idea:

It's very much a dream right now and I'll be starting to look around for the right place in September. My time in the Gulf is ending in July and I'm really looking forward to getting out of here.

I would be setting up a backpackers hostel but not one that looks like a cross between a hotel  and a prison as so many do.
It would be more homely and closer to a B&B. Actually I intend to live there myself so it would be very home-like.
Possibly Santa Fe or Albuqurqurque.... but slightly out of town on a good piece of land maybe with a barn that could be converted ...

There will be shared rooms with the usual bunk beds etc and a couple of private rooms. I would ideally like a space the size of a big double garage as a finishing room/print facility and some private booths with computers where you could just concentrate on your work. I'd have a lounge with lots of books and couches, where people could sit and chat etc and I'd aim at photographers...especially young photo-artists that could not afford to stay at a hotel or B&B ... maybe students that want to spend a summer curating a year's work and need an un-interrupted space.

I am SO open to suggestions!

You'd cook your own food in the kitchen and be responsible for your own laundry etc.It would not be a "hotel" experience and I  don't want toget involved with hiring lots of staff etc.

I want to keep it reasonably priced and simple.

Herschel

I would be interested. What kind of qualifications do you need & how much would it cost?