Re: PF members exhibit on 12-19-09

Hi all,

Before I have breakfast and start digging snow, I figured I'd give my thoughts on this week's gallery.

----- Original Message ----- <SNIP>
Subject: PF members exhibit on 12-19-09

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated DEC 19, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

            Jack Klasey - The Duomo, Florence

I like that you took a colorful location and presented an image in B&W. The graphic view of this location is quite effective. The odd angles work very well too.

            Alan Zinn - Cotswold Cottage. Greenfield Village, Michigan

This is a very nice subject for the panorama camera. The soft light works well on this. A very pretty scene well captured.

            Dan Mitchell - Thames Tugboat

This idea is very good but I wonder if it would have been stronger if the tug and barge was just a little further along. It just might have balanced better.

            John Palcewski - Susan Sontag

Susan Sontag was the subject of many good photographs and this should be included in that group. She has good connection with the camera and I think it captures some of her personality.I agree with your review of "On Photography."

            Andrew Brooks - Possum Valley

If this is really the result of combining 300 images you have more time and patience then I would. It is a very nice image of a beautiful scene. I'll bet prints of this are amazing.

            Andrew Sharpe - Cactus 2

A terrific abstract photograph. Before I read the title I thought it was a pile of potatoes. You captured the light and shadows quite well.

            Mark Harris - Inna

I have submitted another from this session for next week. I'd be interested to hear what people think.

            Emily Ferguson - The videographer

It would be interesting to hear more of the context on this image. I would love to know what he is shooting. I suspect the boat was passing you as you shot this so you didn't have too much time.

<SNIP>

From: Imogene and the whole PF exhibits staff

Thank you for all of your efforts in the past year.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/