Re: Bamboo

At 7:56 AM -0600 12/13/09, Lea Murphy wrote:
What I discovered with the Bamboo is that it could do so much but not enough so the keyboard couldn't get very far away. My desk is such that this was a HUGE PAIN both physically on my body and on my brain. That was the main reason for moving to the Intuos4...way more command keys on the tablet itself which cuts down on my need for the keyboard.

Interesting. How would you get away from having to use the keyboard to input text? I've always regarded the keyboard as a given - as long as we need words we will never get rid of it.

But the pen - now that's the tool I'd most like to be free of. If the touch part of the Bamboo could do everything I now use the pen for I could get rid of it, and the trackball.

It took me awhile to figure out how to program the custom buttons on my Intuos but once I did it changed my life. The can be customized differently for each program I use regularly then have standard universal settings for everything else. Crazy cool.

I do understand that, but I have yet to work out how they can work with my workflow. For instance, nearly everything they can be scripted for I do with keyboard commands - print, save, cut, paste, save as, confirm (the return or enter key), select all. In Photoshop I have a list of actions which are Function key activated, but I rarely use them on single images - I nearly always use them from Bridge for batch processing

Hope this is a little helpful.

Thank you.  Every bit of someone else's experience is helpful, always!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx