Re: gallery review

At 1:32 PM -0500 10/10/09, Lea Murphy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 03, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: <http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html>http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Emily L. Ferguson - Down the Hatch. Not being familiar with boating, this image confuses me. I have no clue what's going on, what the apparent urgency is about and if that white fabric is coming onto the boat or getting thrown off it. Perhaps it's a mast? The leg/bum on the far left could easily be cropped out without loosing much.

Hi, Lea,

Masts are the rigid parts that stick up in the air on boats, sails are the cloth things that hang from the mast(s). In this case the people are pushing the sail down the hatch, gathering it up as it drops from up in the air.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx