Re: PF member's exhibit on 10-10-09

In a message dated 15/10/2009 11:56:00 GMT Daylight Time, cjrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Michael Hughes - 10.3.2009 12.45 Lunch with the De Veres at Dunston
Hall
[Chris] You must have had a good time! Who is De Veres and what brought you
there?
Thanks Chris for your comment.  As you surmise my wife and I had an enjoyable time with our friends to mark the start of a week of little celebrations of our Golden Wedding (50th anniversary) We married very young, of course.

The House, since that it was once, was partly built in Elizabethan times, hence the decorative chimneys, but the extensions to each side of the building date from Victorian times.
  Our hosts were not actually the De Vere's since De Vere is the name of the company that operates Dunston Hall as an hotel and golf centre.

We ended the week, hosted by some of our extensive family (6 children and 11 grandchildren) at a restaurant called 'The mad Moose' in the heart of Norwich.

Michael