gallery review

 The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 03, 2009. Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

 Lea Murphy - Adobe.

 John Palcewski - Maria.  While not technically perfect ( washed out with what appears to be some pretty chunky grain or noise) I do like this image. It makes me want to meet this woman, perhaps for a glass of wine so she can tell me what in the world she's thinking. She seems to have a lot going on in her head. I like that. I like this image because it makes me wonder. And the square crop is nice.

 Laurenz Bobke - In the hands of a Giant.  Interesting. It doesn't really tell a story except to express the fear of the bird. The light is nice. I would like to see that hot spot in the upper right burned down so that the focus is all on the little creature and the hand holding it.

 Roger Eichhorn -  This reminds me of those wooden figures on ships looking out and guiding the way. A tighter crop from the left might be nice to throw it a tad more abstract. And a dose of sharpening on the bird head would be good, too.

 Don Roberts - Toad Lilies.  I like this image and the composition a lot. The two little out of focus buds in the background are a bother. They could easily be burned down or even be cloned out to focus attention on the main flowers. I think that would strengthen it.

 Emily L. Ferguson - Down the Hatch.  Not being familiar with boating, this image confuses me. I have no clue what's going on, what the apparent urgency is about and if that white fabric is coming onto the boat or getting thrown off it. Perhaps it's a mast? The leg/bum on the far left could easily be cropped out without loosing much.

 Michael Hughes - 10.3.2009 12.45 Lunch with the De Veres at Dunston Hall.  I would like to be invited to lunch here. Nice job on your verticals. I played with this image a little bit and found I liked it better with the cars on the far, far left cropped out. The black car facing the viewer (an Audi?) is nice and strong, adds weight and a bit of pomp and circumstance but the others busy things up.

 Mark Lent - Moment of Joy.  Niiiiiiiiiiice.

babies. they're what i do.