Re: Managing photos with Adobe Premier

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I cannot avoid images with fine, high contrasting diagonal lines in the current project I'm involved in, since I'm required to shoot electric cables. What I've found out so far is sharpening the photos using even Unsharp Mask in Photoshop increases the jagged effect. So, I have processed some images without sharpening them at all; this doesn't solve the problem completely, however.

Strangely, Powerpoint doesn't produce the jagged effect.

Herschel wrote:
With strong diagonal lines, simply compressing the image for JPG will make the lines jagged. Then it's re-compressed when rendered in Premiere and I'm sure it gets worse. Pixels are squares so there's no way to make a smooth diagonal line really. The saw-tooth effect is "Smeared" in the anti-aliasing by adding median colours around the saw-teeth... but that does make it less sharp looking and sharpening the image will make it worse. Plus scan lines, other digital "Enhancements" .... Anti-aliasing might help a bit.
when you make the jpegs use very high quality (Minimal compression).

TIP:   Avoid images with strong, fine, high contrast diagonal lines.

believed to be clean.