Re: Managing photos with Adobe Premier

With strong diagonal lines, simply compressing the image for JPG will make the lines jagged.  Then it's re-compressed when rendered in Premiere and I'm sure it gets worse. Pixels are squares so there's no way to make a smooth diagonal line really. The saw-tooth effect is "Smeared" in the anti-aliasing by adding median colours around the saw-teeth... but that does make it less sharp looking and sharpening the image will make it worse.
Plus scan lines, other digital "Enhancements" .... Anti-aliasing might help a bit.
when you make the jpegs use very high quality (Minimal compression).

TIP:   Avoid images with strong, fine, high contrast diagonal lines.

Tim Corio wrote:
I haven't used Adobe Premier, but I'll weigh in anyway since you haven't
got any response yet.

This sounds like a problem with the application resizing the image.
Look for options for "anti-aliasing" or "resampling" or some variation
on these terms.

Hopefully this can get you going until someone who actually knows what
they're talking about can advise.

Good Luck,
Tim