Re: Free-almost free pictures?

At 01:45 06 08 2009, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So I would have some sort of free down loadable album (PDF) of a selection of pics?

Yes. I believe that's how many of the print-on-demand websites work.

I do Blurb books and highly recommend them. They are available at cost. I could load the pics (not the layout which is a Blurb copyright) into a PDF. I would then sell higher rez files at conventional commercial rates.

That's sounding interesting.

I'm thinking a start would be to simply have "Royalty Free Pictures" in the web page meta file list. I don't want to go the mini-stock route.

If you're thinking "royalty free", you may consider using one of the Creative Commons licences. Creative Commons has done the work in drafting a set of licenses, which are available for people to use. The frequently asked questions page is a reasonable place to start:
   http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions
There's a page to choose which license most suits, by answering just a few questions:
   http://creativecommons.org/choose/
So on choosing my preferred options, I arrive at the following license:
  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/au/

--
&i (: