Observations re: PF exhibit on JUL-25-09

as seen at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Greg Fraser - Team Canada
To me this is a STRONG photogrpah full of impact and visual appeaL

Emily L. Ferguson - gate, Whitby
The "tusks" are the things that immediately drew my attention. Maybe there is a bit too much sky. The shadows of the gate maybe could have added to the photograph if more of them were included by
lowering the level of the camera (without tilting it down). This might have made the path beyond
end at the cross piece of the gate. That might have been a variation to consider. IMO

John Palcewski - Italian Girl In Pink
Good thing you said "Italian" 'cause to me she looked Canadian. Cutting off legs is always problematic and maybe so in this instance as well. I think the low pov helps. The branches detract. That "top" she is wearing IMO does not add but rather detracts - but that is not a "photographic" comment. The slight forward (to right) lean add to impression of motion.

Michael Hughes - Pretty ring time
Sorry I can not "get into" this photograph. I used to do weddings and this "set up" never appealed top me but I made it anyway. The demand was high. Shows how much I appreciated what the public demanded! In any case, too many fingers in this photo for my taste.

Pini Vollach - Three figures
Interesting situation with this and next two photographs. Three seems to be a common bond!
I think that maybe this was cropped too tightly when the photograph was made. The out of focus white blobs on lower right detract. The ear-shaped handle and pitcher also.

Dan Mitchell - Triple-vision
Nice exploitation of sequential capture and assembly. Interesting situation is the fading in of the leftmost lady in her second apparition. It would maybe have been more captivating is she faded out instead of in!

Andrew Davidhazy - Annie
Andrew, "claiming" this was made with a one-of-a-kind in the world camera is somewhat exorbitant, don't you think. Maybe a PF member has info that may rebut the claim? Anyway, it follows in the theme of 3s established by Pini and Dan. The figure is maybe more distorted than desirable. I wonder
what this would look like if it were the "art" impressed on a dinner desert plate.

all opinions are those of Bob so don't blame me!
andy