Re: PF exhibit on JUL-25-09

Herewith my opinions re this Saturday's PF Exhibit, worth no more, and perhaps less than, Euro 0.02.

Greg Fraser - Team Canada.  Usually perfect symetry is static, boring, but in this instance the pink smoke plume gives the central figure a sense of motion, and the accompanying two parachutists are just momentarily paused in some serious swinging.  Excellent framing.

Emily L. Ferguson - gate, Whitby.  If this were my image, I'd be inclined to crop off at least half the sky largely because the clouds seem overexposed and lacking in any interesting detail.

Michael Hughes - Pretty ring time.  I think the fingers underneath the hand with the ring are distracting.  I started counting.  Hmmmm.  Five, and then a sixth, likely a thumb from another hand.  I'd move in much closer to emphasize the interesting ring.

Pini Vollach - Three figures.  I'm drawn to candids of people, and their unposed expressions.  Hard to know what the youngster is thinkng.  Did he/she cook the meal, and is pleased at the man's eagerness in spooning it down?   Is he/she hungry?   Nice shot.

Dan Mitchell - Triple-vision. This is a good lead-in to Andy's image below, since both are a sort of technical triumph.  After you've given up trying to figure out how they were done, you're left wondering what they MEAN.

Andrew Davidhazy - Annie.  Well, for me, as long as the subject is a young, pretty, female nude I really don't care what it means.  If you know what I mean.