Re: Film is not dead

In a message dated 14/07/2009 04:49:04 GMT Daylight Time, shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The looks of wonder on their
faces as the photo gradually took its form are what made me realize that in
this age of high-tech and instant gratification, perhaps we've lost
something. The Instax 200 can help us get that something back, something
priceless."
No, in this case it is just a matter of longer instants, nothing to do with looking forward to something - like getting prints back from processing.

On the other hand you might claim that Polaroid was 'more instant' than digital in that, for good or ill, the Polaroid print represented the complete job whereas the digital image on the screen of the modern camera is just a step along the way to the photoshop - or other post processor.  Michael