Re: Recharging digital camera batteries

Mark, my limited involvement with flashlight Li-Ions tells me a big NO-NO to hooking up any power supply on a LiIOn batt without the use the proper charger,,,there are issues like the powering battery/supply not coping with the demand of the camera battery, or exceeding it...And LiIOn chargers work in a delicate way checking battery voltage and temp (since temp variance is connected to voltage termination)

And you do not want to loose proper final voltage charging termination...Battery life is the least of your worries....The volatile nature of Li_Ion chamistry is....

Now is your camera USB port chargable? There are power banks on the market (usually contain two 18650 Li-Ion batts) that charge devices via its USB port that may be the trick solution you need...

--- Στις Τετ., 15/04/09, ο/η mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:
Well just as an exercise in thinking out of the box, is there a product
out there where you can say take the battery out of say a Canon digital
SLR, where you can put the battery in the device and have it hooked to a
regular lantern type of battery and have it recharge the battery for
your camera.  The big 6volt lantern batteries come to mind but maybe the
old 9 volt cells would work better.  Yeah I know there are car chargers,
but what can you use to recharge when you away from both power and a
car.  Be real handy on a back packing trip or say when working some
event where you might need to recharge one battery while using another.
Anyone know of such a product???

Mark

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!