Re: PF Gallery

It's all a huge waste of time and spoils a lot of images. You don't have to be a Photo shop-genius to take out the copyright symbol or re-save the image without the  exif data. Simply don't put hi-res images on the net. Then nobody will steal them... For ego purposes, show prints.

In any case If they're going to use the image. They'll use it as it is. I mean, ar vey bovvidd? nah...

The work involved in catching them and then having to go to court to prove that it's your image, and then trying to get $$$... fuggitaboudit...

Once you have a low res image "out there" in the ether, give it up with a good heart. No use losing sleep.

Herschel

karl shah-jenner wrote:
Roy writes:

    I was following Emily's method and  philosophy this week with the
copyright symbol only on the image and  the rest of the copy right info in
the
picture file.  I find the  copyright symbols on the electronic images
distracting
too but necessary in this  medium to inform the public that the images are
not
public domain. I will go  back to using the copyright symbol and my initial
again.Some photographers in  the club I belong to are now signing their
prints on
the image like the do in  painting.
     This all goes against the traditional  philosophy of photograph where
every element in the pictures should support the  message and there  should
be
no distracting elements in the image field.  Copyright symbols and
signature
were on the matte.

hmmm - maybe then a good way would be to add a canvas around the image and
put the copyright information or signature on that.  of course it's easily
trimmed off by someone wanting to pinch the image but then, locks only keep
honest people honest.

and as I've said before, embedding the real copyright information into an
image (and relevant exif data as well) is best done with a steganography
tool

karl