Re: talk me out of it

We have recently used a Nikon D300 to produce a 30x50-foot billboard. Our client is happy, invited us for lunch, and ordered the production of two but smaller billboards of same image. So, based on our experience, a 12mp camera is sufficient for this size.

There are other factors, of course, that affect the quality of the photo: composition, colors, etc..

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Does the 20+ MP actually matter?  I've seen billboard material close up;
it looks like it's something around 8DPI.  Which means your 12MP produces
something like a 30 foot image.  (I don't know this area of business much
at all, so the billboard material I've seen may be anomalous.)

believed to be clean.