Re: Obama Poster

In a message dated 2/26/2009 1:03:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, droberts@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Didn't Andy Warhol go through a similar situation with his image of Marilyn Monroe?
Don
I just mentioned this in an email Ii just sent. The perception of money or the amount thereof has changed.

No one bought the original soup cans  by Andy Warhol. The gallery owner where it was first displayed then asked Warhol how much he would take for the artwork. Andy said $1000 and a payment schedule of ten  $100 payment was reached. The gallery owner keep all the soup cans of the original exhibit together and in about 1996 or 1997 the soup cans went to a museum for about 3 million dollars.

Now the question is since I have the best derivative works of the nude Marilyn Monroe can I mass produce them and sell them nationally without stepping on someone copyright? I think not.

Roy