Re: traveling with expensive camera kit

On Sat, February 21, 2009 11:47, MichaelHughes7A@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Maybe the best advice is don't.

Maybe, but where's the fun in that?

If carrying your camera is going to make you nervous, maybe you'd better
look for another hobby!

I've hauled my full kit all over England and Wales and New Zealand and
Australia and never had a dodgy moment with it, myself.  Also a number of
places in the USA.

My cameras are insured, and I've tried to have a good record of what's
exactly in the kit (the list from my 1987 trip to England is sitting by me
as I type!).

I use normal camera bags.  I carried film in a medium-sized cooler.  I've
often had more than I could carry at once, so some of it has sat in the
hotel room or wherever I'm staying.

The only time I've lost any camera equipment it was taken out of my
single-family home in Minneapolis (1979, maybe); never been bothered away
from home.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info