From: Andrew Paul Brooks [mailto:a_p_brooks@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 12:07 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: traveling with expensive camera kit

Hi,
     Just after some ideas and advice on traveling as a photographer.  Me and my girlfriend are planning on doing a multi stop world tour,  and I really would like to travel with a good quality dSLR  but I have some worries about safety.  Does anyone have any good tips and advice.

Also I picked up a Cannon G9 with the idea of this being my travel camera,  as it's quite small,  but I've found the images quality is not really as good as I'm looking for,  can anyone recommend a compact which has images quality of a digi SLR(I have a D300 so would like a compact approching that)

Also any tips on file storage when traveling,  I tend to get through 8gig memory cards very quickly which creating getting the RAW elements to create my images ( http://www.andrewbrooksphotography.com/ )

Cheers in advance for any help

Andrew