Re: Slave flash on P&S digicam?

> DSLR. The
> camera strobe gives the correct exposure but with the slave
> it
> underexposes.

Gee, it turns out I wasn't crazy after all!

My cameras (Sony F717 or Canon Digitlal Rebel XT) had the same problem with the in-camera flash, but I got around it using an external flash mounted on the hotshoe to trigger the slaves.

Never figured out why (I changed the rear curtain sync in the Canon to no avail), but I guess the "peak" to the in-camera flash takes longer, so it fires earlier, triggering the slaves way too soon.

A friend used an "L" handle with a built-in slave hotshoe and it worked wonders for him.

HTH

www.alberto-tirado.com