Re: Slave flash on P&S digicam?

To help in any definitive way, we need to know the make and model of the digicam, and whether or not it has a user controlled red-eye reduction. As Andy previously mentioned, red-eye reduction in the form of pre-flash is the likely culprit by triggering the Vivitar prior to the main exposure.

If not that, the make and model may lead to the correct solution.

Cheers,
James