Re: Hello; for those with photo websites, best deals on free/cheap private domain name registration and/or hosting?

Hi Karen,

If you take care that the "admin C" registry entry is done in and with your
name, the domain is definitely yours. And it would be transferred to any
other providers as your property.
(Well, somebody can draw you in font of a court, because he/she/it has older
or more important rights than you connected with the selected domain name.
But that's another story and may change from country to country.)

You must make a difference between simple domain name (some dollars a year;
maybe free of charge if you accept pop-up banners or you'll use other
charged services of the provider) and a domain name including webspace. The
later can be more expensive, of course, but need not. The first one just
consist of a link to a site you can specify. For instance "www.k_t.com" with
a link to "www.qwerty.qwertz.azerty.k_t.com".

(I pass the word to others, because I don't think that you'll finding better
provider service in Germany than in the States ;-)

Regards,
Walter

 --
E-Mail: walter.preiss@xxxxxxxxxx