Re: Hello; for those with photo websites, best deals on free/cheap private domain name registration and/or hosting?

My experience is that really free sites don't exist. Either you don't own your domain name, you get banners on your site, your site is used for collecting spam adresses, limits on space and bandwith are too small etc. etc.

I am a very happy customer of http://www.mavenhosting.com One free domain name, and as much other domains and subdomains as you want, 25 GB diskspace and no limit on bandwith for $ 60 a year, shell and ftp access, all major CMS systems preinstalled, multiple MySQL databases etc. etc. But the most important thing is their excellent customer service. Always an answer within 24 hours (but mostly within an hour).

I work with joomla, drupal and wordpress sites. Each has its own advantages and inconveniences.

Wilbert
http://phot-o-vergne.com/