Re: good lens gone bad?

If you have to replace the lens, Lea you do know about KEH.com don't you?  You can often get quality lenses that are used and save a great deal if expense is an issue.  Now its a personal choice whether a used Canon or a new Tamron or a used Tamron.  I never had a problem with their ratings.  In fact most of the equipment I have bought from them I would have rated better than they did.  Not connected other than a satisfied customer.