Re: PF exhibit on 01/24/09

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
The astronomy picture was brilliant.
Thx. I wish I owned the equipment. The scope, camera and mount would cost over $US7K. I rented remote time from an instillation in Moorook SA, OZ.
Do telescopes now have sensors that capture the image directly?
Roy
Not really. Astrophotography utilizes two technology's. Only at the extreme high end are American instruments actually designed around a particular sensor array. The 400inch at Palamor maybe and Hubble for sure. The camera I rented has an RGB filter matrix over the pixel array. My image was exposed for 2 minutes to produce real time color as opposed to separate R G B stacked images.

Dave
East Englewood
B/W is just a grayscale click away.