Re: Darkroom question...

Guy asks:
,
> Many thanks for the suggestions and the notes on each process.  It seems
> that C is the most appropriate for my needs.
>
> I have no experience at all working with reducers.  My fear is that the
> process of roll-unroll-reroll does not provide me with anything like the
> visual control I would have with the full view of a regular-sized image in a
> regular-sized tray.   What is the speed of bleaching?  Would you suggest
> diluting the formula?

I certainly would, and I'd *really* recommend working wth a few sheets of the paper stock you intend to use, as all emulsions behave differently - there's no hard and fasts with bleaching.  I'd also suggest try redeveloping a few you've bleached to see how 'undoable' the bleach process is with your paper if you find you accidentally go to far (and dilute the developer too ;)

dilute bleach may take more time than concentrated which can confuse you as you'll get used to the image being paler as it bleaches, so keep a small priny near to hand to check your progress.. but diluted, it shouldn't 'patch' beach

> As an added question, what would be the capacity of, say, 1 liter of working
> solution?  I will be working with 16 liters of working solution to reduce
> the density of a print that is roughly 4800 sq.in.- or the equivalent of 60
> sheets of 8x10 paper.  This means about 4 sheets per liter.  Should I change
> the batch for each large print in your opinion?

yes, change as needed - as to capacity that really depends on the amount of silver dissolved soooo, experimentation is the key.

sorry there's no hard and fast rules, but bleaching and toning is like that, no matter how many people suggest otherwise :(