Re: Darkroom question...

What's to celebrate, but I will make a few points for you to consider.

First of all, on an irreplaceable print, don't do anything to it until you have a scan that is the absolutely the very best you can possibly do.  Take it to a lab and let them scan it at the highest resolution possible.  It is your back up in case something goes wrong.  It may not be exactly what you want, but at least the image isn't lost.  Other methods might be to make a copy negative, or make the scan and do the digital alterations you want, then send the file to a film recorder so you can print it with ordinary black and white paper and process normally.

Second I would go make some other prints of a similar nature.  Practice and experiment on those first.  Learn how the particular reducer is going to work before you even think about using it on an irreplaceable print.

Third after some reading, research and many helpful comments here on another issue, using the Darkroom Cookbook for something like this may not be your best option.  It is a collections of formula that might have either changed, other things found that work better, or in some cases mistakes.  They were wise to warn me that just because its in the book, doesn't mean it ALWAYS works.