Re: Film Enlarger question...indeed!

Kostas writes:

Anyway ,e and a friend haev started a photography workshop in my town art workshops. We have found an old Meopta diffusing enlarger, cleaned it up and tried to amke our first print.

Damn! the prints are VERY soft at teh edges. and we do not knwo where to look for the reason. We think it has to do with the lens (the assembly is solid) (a Rodenstock - forgot to scheck what model) but there our knowledge ends.

Everybody is giving you advice about the condenser -- but you say "diffusing enlarger". But if there *is* a condenser, it probably has several possible positions, and they're intended for covering different size negatives, so play with that if there's such an option. In a diffusing system, possibly the light source moves to different positions for different neg sizes?

If they're just soft, and not vignetted (darker), though, all this light source stuff is probably off the mark.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info