Re: Film Enlarger question...indeed!

I have to agree with the others that have said to check the Focal Length of the lens. Remember-

50mm lens for 35mm film

80mm lens for 120 film

120mm lens for larger formats (as a minimum)

The condensor could also be a likely cause of this as well. Even though it is ABOVE the negative. Many moons ago, I'd had an issue similar to this and had discounted the condensers being part of the issue because they weren't in the "image" part of the optical equation. Boy, was I wrong!

Another item you may want to check is the DISTANCE that the light source is. On some enlargers, you can actually adjust this. Check to ensure that it's at a good distance if it is adjustable.

Thanks for making me think on this one and let us know how this works out.

Cordially,

Mark Lent