Re: Film Cameras vs Digital Camera for Eye glass users.

One thing that people often forget is that the camera itself isn't air tight. Just the act of zooming in and out can and in most cameras does suck in dust from the outside, even if the lens is never off the body.

My attitude has always been.  Keep changes as quick as practical while being careful in the process.  Change when needed.  Id not pass up a photo just to keep from changing a lens.  Avoid dust to the extent practical, but never let the avoiding of dust keep me from avoiding the joy of photographing something different and unique.  Clean as necessary and replace when you must.