Re: Was Re: Grayscale to color Now: Color to Greyscale

I've used PhotoShop both CS3 and CS4 for this process and don't get
quite the results that I'm looking for.

Some time ago, there was some information about a plugin / standalone
piece of software the did the conversion and allowed for the
selection of the look and feel of particular B&W films like Tri-X for example.

Needless to say, I didn't keep a reference.

Anyone remember, have recommendations, etc. on getting this done?

August 2005:
http://www.pluginz.com/product/11921

B/W Conversion: (ps plugin)

"Conversion to B/W with full tonal response control. B/W film simulation,
film grain, toning, color filters etc. Yet another B/W conversion plugin?
Yes, but one with powerfull features that allow full control over the
final result"

http://www.pluginz.com/product/11921

http://users.sch.gr/g_fournaris/plugins/ppc2bw.zip