Was Re: Grayscale to color Now: Color to Greyscale

With all this chat of doing a greyscale to color conversion, I have the opposite need, to convert from RGB to grey scale.

I've used PhotoShop both CS3 and CS4 for this process and don't get quite the results that I'm looking for.

Some time ago, there was some information about a plugin / standalone piece of software the did the conversion and allowed for the selection of the look and feel of particular B&W films like Tri-X for example.

Needless to say, I didn't keep a reference.

Anyone remember, have recommendations, etc. on getting this done?

Cheers,
James

James Schenken