Re: film/print scanner question

Thanks to those who have replied so far.  Not sure that the person who posed the question would be willing or able to set up a copy stand with bellows and copy lens, have access to an interchangeable lens digital camera, etc.  I'm waiting for him to get back to me.

Bob, some things I noticed about the 8800 vs the 4400:  The 4400 doesn't seem able to scan film larger than 35mm, is this correct?  That would be a deal breaker for me, but I'm not sure about the person this is in aid of.  The 8800 uses white LED light and the 4400 uses fluorescent and draws a lot more power on standby (1.5 Watts for the 8800 vs 4 Watts w/ the 4400)--that's money going down the drain for no good reason.

Cheers,

Rich