OPEN Tenure track position at SIU - ANNOUNCEMENT

Forwarded message received by PF HQ - FOR YOUR INFORMATION

-------------------------------  begin  -------------------------------------

I'm writing to ask your help in recruiting a promising new colleague for a
tenure-track position in digital culture/intermedia arts practice at Southern
Illinois University, Carbondale. This faculty member will help build an evolving
curriculum in intermedia/digital culture at both the undergraduate and graduate
level. The position is an exceptional, program-building opportunity in the
College of Mass Communication and Media Arts whose evolving MFA and PhD programs
in the arts and scholarship emphasize criticality, interdisciplinarity, and
internationalism. Housed within the Department of Cinema and Photography, this
faculty member will have many opportunities for intellectual and pedagogical
exchange with professors and students across the college.

We are particularly interested in recruiting members of underrepresented groups
to strengthen our University's commitment to diversity and its historic mission
of educating under-served populations. Our students, who are both local and
international reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, and economic diversity of our
world today. We believe that excellence in education is built upon such
diversity and a faculty, which reflects its student body.

Please share the position description below with your MFA/PhD students and,
in your opinion, all other suitable candidates. I would very much appreciate the
contact information of candidates or constituencies I could write to directly as
well.  Thank you for supporting our search efforts and commitment to excellence
through diversity.  Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions about this announcement.

Sincerely, Dan

Daniel Overturf
PIEA President