Re: Out-of-date equipment

Chris writes:

> I recall when people ridiculed digital on this list and said it would never
> replace film. Now look what has happened.

not surprising when 3Mp was considered state of the art, and prics were $10,000+ for such luxuries - and no one, NO one had an ink printer ;)

then there were those who said colour photography would kill b&w

and pro's don't need auto exposure tricks..

and photography would kill painting

and..

they also said CD's would last 100 years!

not everything turns out as expected.

HP have just released their newest, most secure business backup machines with raid 5 and .. TAPE!

seems the 'new' technology is called 'disk to disk to tape' backup