Re: Billboard layout

Well I think I am about to make your day.  Check out http://photographersindex.com/stockprice.htm and see what they price an image for billboard use.  Many would charge more because this is based on a stock photo not a created photo.  Custom work should cost more.

There is rarely if ever a reason to sell a copyright.  Now putting a limit on who else can use the image might be a condition.  They likely wouldn't want you to sell the image immediately to a competitor.  They may not want anyone else using it for a given time period.  Again that might be reasonable, but it also should come at an additional charge.

Think of it this way.  Your images are your retirement fund.