From: Robert Hall <robert.g.hall@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Billboard layout
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 1:44 PM
Elson,

"Give" is a poor word, how about license to use.
They certainly may have a
copy of the file, but they should only license to use the
layout and images
unless they have a contract that allows them to have
unlimited use of it.

You will retain copyright unless you license it to them via
contract. You
should simply be clear in the contract as to what they are
allowed to use,
how often, and for what purposes. This should not be a sale
of copyright
unless you are willing to do so and it states such in the
contract.

Does this help?

Robert

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Elson T. Elizaga