Re: Film/Slide Scanner

From: "Andrea Coffey"

: I have a Canon FS4000US scanner. It is 4000dpi, connects to the
: computer via USB or SCSI, and has carriers for scanning
:     4 mounted 35mm slides;
:     6 frames of 35mm film; and
:     APS-C film (I have never used this latter item).
: It importantly has a mechanism for detecting (infra-red scan I
: believe), and correcting for (using software), gunk on the film.
:

I tooi can recommend these, often reviewed as having the sharpest lens of any film scanner available at the tim, they work very nicely, but if your film s blocked up you  *need*  vuescan to drive it

however, for the number of slides you have you'd best consider what a realistic output resolution is - and if you don't  *need* maximum image resolution then for the slides at least, you might be better off using a digital camera and a light box (white balance to this of course) and shooting them directly

it's a whole lot faster than using a scanner!

karl