RE: Best Web Pages - Thanks!

At 10:55 AM 8/16/2008, you wrote:
Yes, thank you. That is the problem I have been having. To get around it I made the images quite small but of course, it is less than ideal for viewing. I do use smugmug and like that site very much but if you want copy on your page that is a problem. At the moment I am using 1 & 1 which is relatively inexpensive and has some nice features. Have been thinking of combining the two so that the copy and tiny images are on the 1&1 site with the larger mostly protected images are on smugmug. Not very user friendly, however.

You can customize SmugMug any way you want to, including adding lots of copy or even blogs. The Pro account is not even identifiable as a SmugMug page except for a tiny notice at the bottom. And they take care of print sales, if you want, adding whatever percentage you want.

http://www.smugmug.com/pro/

I'm very satisfied with SmugMug and it's a great bargain. All of my photos are watermarked and right-click protected. I haven't had a problem with thefts from SmugMug. pBase, however, is another story! I have to use TinEye to check the web all the time for those.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com