Re: Lightroom price woes. Was Re: Adobe Lightroom

3 aug 2008 kl. 21.09 skrev PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx:

Maybe it is  more expensive to support an Adobe Corp. in Europe?
Maybe the US is a larger market and Adobe can spread the cost over more sales?

I don´t see how any of this matters.  I go to the US Adobe site.  I download the English version as a demo, just like anyone else in the world.  I try it out; if I have problems, I go to the Adobe support site, or to Lightroom News or something.  They´re all open to me before I´ve paid anything.

Then I (may) decide to keep it ; it´s already installed, up and running, remember.  All I need is a code, a string of some 24 ASCII characters  that will be e-mailed to me from the US Adobe site, no physical transit takes place.

Only, this code would cost me $99 if I happen to have a US Visa card.  With a non-US Visa  (that I can use everywhere in US shops, hotels, and restaurants without it making any difference), Adobe insists I pay 50% more for the same code, sent the same way.

There´s only one word for it, and that 5-letter word stars and ends with a "t".  One of the Ten Commandments deals with it.

I´ve never used, or adviced the use of, cracked software.  But I feel an organization that treats its customers this way is fair prey for anything.....

Per