formatting under Vista®

Here's a new problem for Vista users, aside from all the others.

the problem is that Vista won't format in FAT32 to anything bigger than 32Gb (even though Windows 98 can format FAT32 to 8 TB) - now we're seeing USB devices bigger than 32Gb and probably soon, more storage cards around or above this size..

http://padraic2112.wordpress.com/2007/04/05/windows-vista-fat1632-support/

under MS Vista "people who use flash memory cards (say, for a digital camera) are going to have problems. If I connect my digital camera via USB, it shows up as a drive. If I'm thinking about cleaning out all the pictures on my camera, I may choose to format the card... "

but it'll be NTFS

"Well, your digital camera won't read an NTFS partition, so if you format your card. you're going to have to ".. etc