Re: this is a neat idea

On Mon, May 12, 2008 09:05, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
> I just read about an SD card that transmits directly to any wi-fi
> network that you don't have to log in to.  I couldn't tell from the
> description in the article in the paper whether the transmitter was
> embedded in the card case somehow.

Yes, it is.

Trouble is, the set of interesting wi-fi access-point based networks (it
won't do ad-hoc networks either) is...zero.  The sorts of places I'd want
to use it are like in a hotel with wifi that I'm going to a covnention at,
and those you always have to log in on.

Heck, you have to log in to my home wifi network.

And it won't do ad-hoc, so you can't use it to talk to the computer
sitting on the table directly, either.

It sounds neat at first, but it seems like in practice I could *never* use
it for anything.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info