Re: this is a neat idea

: And it won't do ad-hoc, so you can't use it to talk to the computer
: sitting on the table directly, either.
:
: It sounds neat at first, but it seems like in practice I could *never* use
: it for anything.

it is set up through software on the host PC/laptop so firing the images off directly to the computer is quite possible, unless the computer networking is set up not to talk to the card.

As I'd take a laptop with me to load the images from the card anyway, it would make things easier than having to physically unplug the storage card and download the pics to the puter..

karl