Re: photo storage question

Never again, never again, will I use dvd as a backup method.
Especially when I can buy a 500 gig hard drive for under $150.<<<<

I had two 80giger HDs back a long time ago, both failed for the same reason, a burned out transistor. They cost $80 each. Fortunately before they failed they let of that typical burned electroniics odor, so I immediately downloaded everything back to my computer.

Never again will I buy a cheap HD.

I have yet to have a DVD-R fail on me. But it's only been about 10 years or so since I started using CD/DVD technology. I also do not leave my HDs running for any length of time. In fact, one has been burned with everything and re-boxed.

Knock on wood!

Take care out there,
Gregory
www.fireframeimaging.com