Re: off topic posting by w8imo@xxxxxxxx

--- Rich Mason <cameratraveler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2008, at 10:34 PM, karl shah-jenner wrote:
>
> > is it bad because the joke poked fun at Americans?
>

> No, it's bad because it didn't mention photographers.  We need
> some
> good photography jokes.  Unfortunately, I don't know any.
> Well, I
> know one, but it wouldn't be appropriate for the list and it's
> better
> in person.
>
> Maybe we could create our own joke:

OK, here's one. The version I originally heard had the two
sisters as Swedish (with accents to match) but you could insert
your nationality of choice:

 There were these two sisters Luella and Rose. They were going
to get a picture taken of themselves as they just got their
checks.
They go to the studio and after the photographer fools with the
camera he tells Rose to sit quietly because he had to focus.
  Well, Luella being out of hearing says, "Huh?"
  Rose says, "Be still girl he's gonna focus!"
  Luella looks and says, "Both of us?"

 By the way, not that it matters but I first heard this from a
female photographer friend of mine who has a great sense of
humor and a real talent for accents. She had me rolling on the
floor laughing.

Richard