Gallery Review

It's been a while, have to keep in shape.  I like the raw nature of this gallery.  Most of the images look like people are trying, or contributing, something different.

Valery Firsov - Father and Son

I’ve really enjoyed your contributions as of recent.  It’s refreshing to see these very human images from a period where Americans were still trying to figure out whether or not we were supposed to hate Russians.  That looks like a kid whose been walking around with dad all day.  More people need to see these.

Quintin Tallon - Cousin of the Groom

Good grab, well composed.  The body language of the subject looks conveniently distracted from a nosey camera.

Roy Miller - The Circus Come To Town

Bizarre.  Absolutely bizarre.  Almost disturbing.  I love it.  Is has this feel of a 1970’s scrap bin record album cover.  The repetitive nature of the lettering gives it an element of menace.  Beautiful.  Lose the monogram, it looks just as tacky as it would on broadcloth.

Howard Leigh - NICOLA

She looks frank.  “Yup, this is me…getting’ my picture took.”  Lots of wavy in the comp.  The rolled collar, hair, and ear loops.  Although, the tonal contrast really draws attention back to her face.  How might it have come out with the other cameras?

Jim Snarski - The Visitor

Awesome focus and detail.  Too bad about all that noise.  I was recently at a concert with my D200 and had to really limit myself (will share on a later date).  I’d be interested to know the image data on this.

Greg Fraser - Pointy and Smooooth

I love the hard angles contrasted with the blur of the water.  Despite my level of merit, I’d like to know what you’re using here for this.  It seems to be a continuation of the sewer series.  All of these images are coming out looking too clean and sterile for such content.  An alternative to shit?

Laurenz Bobke - Buddha in a Shop

Buddha in a shop window…always an ironic image.  I love the element of meditation on the street scene reflected in the window.  Dreamy.

Christopher Strevens - Lighting Harrow

“Nothing else; just birth.” That, and a convenient sense of apathy from the proletariat.  Nothing a pint of bitter can’t fix, eh?  Cropped a little tight on the left, and too much emphasis on the lamp.  Although, the lamp’s sad aesthetic nature, and blurred focus, is a nice bruise on the grace of the antique architecture.

Morley Roberts – Forest

The clear trees in front don’t give the misty reaches any opportunity to create an atmosphere, or give much depth.  Otherwise, nice earth-tone study.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it's true" - J Robert Oppenheimer