Gallery review

Lea Murphy
Wylie six months:  It would take a pretty poor photographer to take a bad photograph of that little face.  Wylie is a beautiful baby.  Your photo, Lea, is a wonderful representation of Wylie.  I like your lighting and the black background; the catch lights in his eyes.  His _expression_ is priceless - he looks so alert and interested in what is going on.  Super photograph.

Per Ofverbeck
Curve:  I like this photograph because it is uncomplicated and clean.  I especially enjoy viewing the yellow wall, the windows and shadows on the wall.  The road's curve carries my eyes right through the photograph.  This is a very appealing photograph - and so simple.

David Small:   This photograph goes to show there are great photographs everywhere.  Another example of simplicity (you just photographed what was in front of you, David).  I found myself studying this photograph for some time - looking for colors, familiar labels, patterns, etc.  Good job.

Robert G. Earnest:   Very nice.  This portrait is elegant and uncomplicated.  I really like the warm colors.  My only suggestion would be to have moved the box that is on the floor, behind his foot.  It's a little distracting.  If it were to tell the viewer something about the subject, it should be placed in front of his foot.  Other than that, I'm sure you had one happy client, Robert.  A beautiful portrait.

Rodrigo da Cunha
Sit & Enjoy:  When I clicked on the thumbnail and this photograph emerged, my thought was, wow.  Beautifully done.  The delicacy of the trees' limbs and branches is what captures my attention most, but the sky is perfect; the reflection in the water, the placement of the bench.  Beautiful.

Emily L. Ferguson
Picower:  An amazing photograph, mostly because of the tie in of the confusing (not meant in a negative way) reflections and the type of business.  I can see this photograph on the cover of a business brochure.  This image is intricate, and takes some thought and concentration for the viewer in order to put all the pieces together.  That makes it truly fascinating.

Linda Buttstead:  .A clean and sharp photograph of a beautiful bird.  My first thought was, isn't nature amazing?  Wonderful detail in the feathers and head of this bird.  The red patch is a little distracting, but the green above the bird's beak echoes the color on his face.  Nice job, Linda.

Valery Firsov
Sunny Fisherman:  Nicely done, Valery.  I can't say why, but the bicycle intrigues me most.  I cropped the upper portion and the right side, removing the dark portions of the photograph, leaving the fisherman and the bicycle and - for me, this makes a stronger statement.  Your composition is very well done.  I like the intricate detail of the two small sticks with their reflections in the water.

Rene M Hales
Coreopsis:  I always enjoy black and white photography, Rene.  The white flowers just pop, giving the photograph an almost 3-D look.  The cut-off petals in the upper right portion of the photograph bother me a little, but I'm guilty of doing this myself  when shooting plants and flowers so I can't pick on anyone else for doing the same.  Just to see what would happen, I cropped the image on-screen to the white flowers on the left hand side of the image.  I liked that version, also.  The one little bud in the lower right hand side catches my interest, too.  You actually have several very good photographs in this one image.  I look forward to seeing more of your work, Rene.

Thank you to all who contributed to this very thought-provoking exhibit.  Thank you, Andy and staff, for putting the exhibit together.

Marilyn

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."  Dorthea Lange