Re: apple mac update time!

I can't find any background to this thread (I may have deleted it if it's a couple of months old), but Apple allows you to set a daily, weekly or monthly automatic check for upgrades, and to download upgrades in the background when they are available. Then you'll be asked for confirmation. I doubt if any but the most naive Mac users aren't aware of when upgrades are available. The default position is to check for upgrades automatically. Apple may be as smug as they are secretive, as security releases often follow information about potential security breaches by several weeks. Installation of upgrades is a trivial exercise (but I have cable). Some require restarts, some not.

I have no comment on Vista, XP or any other Windows issues (except that there seems to be a lot of them).

What is the third dimension in 3D that you're referring to? A z axis? Or some other parameter? Apart from holograms and the like, most of the images we deal with are spatially 2D. Any image has many axes, if you want to get into details, e.g. the color space could be a third dimension.

Roger